Feature: window fences

samuel samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 14:28:09 CET 2022

On Thu, Nov 3, 2022 at 11:19 AM Björn Fischer <bf at cebitec.uni-bielefeld.de>
wrote:

> > I'm more after a feature like 'wingrid' where you an throw a grid on
> > your root screen and you windows snap to 1 or more of those cells
> > depending on a hotkey you use while dragging the window...
> This already came up in this thread, but have you looked into
>
> https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfwm4/-/merge_requests/35
>
> That should be very close to the feature you are looking for.

It is indeed already more in the direction of what i would like to use
1. i only need one grid (tried that and it works)
2. i do need multimonitor working (you have that in the todo)
3. i would like to be able to span multiple 'cells' of the grid

Are you still going to work on this? Or did you abandon it?