Feature: xfdesktop: external command for root menu

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult lkml at metux.net
Wed Nov 2 09:39:44 CET 2022

On 01.11.22 03:25, Brian Tarricone wrote:

> As I mentioned in the MR (sorry, I've been bad at keeping up with the mailing list lately),
> I'm curious to know if anyone has really asked for this.

I've been actually hired by clients to do that (and lots of other
things in xfwm4).

> I'd rather not add features like this (which will pretty much have to be included and maintained forever)
> unless there's actual demand for this.

Yes, there's actual demand in industrial installations where an custom
application is showing its own menu instead.

In a way, it's a logical continuation of the already existing feauture
for disabling this menu. The code is pretty simple, so I don't see much
maintenance overhead.

Of course, we could also think about generalizing the whole topic so we
can assign the menus to keys arbitrarily. But that's probably not a tiny
change anymore.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert