Would switching to Qt be a good idea?

samuel ammonius sfammonius at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:43:23 CEST 2022

Hi

If you fork the project, do the work, attract enough developers to maintain
> it, and eventually prove it's better, then it will become a de-facto better
> project. Maintainers are not stubborn gatekeepers, they try to do what's
> best for the project, but they rarely commit to accepting code that has not
> been written yet.

Thanks for informing me about all of that. I'll try to start with smaller
things like mousepad and the screenshooter, and move on to things like
thunar and the panel when I'm familiar with the process of converting
GTK/GLib to Qt.

IMHO, time would be better invested in a Wayland compositor, but that's
> another huge task.

What would a wayland compositor do?