Xfce 4.18 dependencies versions

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 08:16:18 CET 2022

Is it better to use the latest versions of libraries for development, or should I stick to versions that are available in slightly slower-cadence distros, such as the current Ubuntu LTS?

Pros of sticking to Ubuntu LTS versions:
It ensures compatibility with more “stable” distros.

Cons:
By the time my new features are ready for production, the next Ubuntu LTS may have been released, which may have moved on to the new versions of libraries anyway, which then means my project is *really* far behind.

Regards

adlo