My contribution to xflock4

Jarno Suni sunijarno at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 23:55:05 CET 2021

To be able to use the display power management wrapper of the script
for LockCommand set in Xfconf, LockCommand should be run via xflock4,
not directly.

I just tested that Xfce 4.14 can handle quoted arguments in
LockCommand when calling the command is done directly, but it does not
work, if it is done via stock xflock4.

The shell tricks such as starting the LockCommand by '&&' do not work
when called directly (in xfce-screensaver.c). But running shell
commands in LockCommand is something that I tried to avoid in my
xflock4. (Of course you can run shell commands in any case, if you run
shell explicitly.)