Need instructions on how to build and run xfce4-session on Xubuntu 20.04

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Fri Mar 26 22:48:53 CET 2021

Hi,

the main issue will be the dependencies, i.e. libxfce4ui and 4util. I would
advise against it, as upgrading these libs may also have an effect on other
components.

Also from experience I can say that testing xfce4-session isn't much fun in
your main environment. The xfce-test container really helped a lot with
that, especially since you can start it, do your changes and then launch
the session manually without compromising your main system.

Cheers
Simon