regression in window placement

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Mon Mar 8 21:16:02 CET 2021

In the past one to three weeks the placement of windows got slightly broken.

Before that time frame new, non-maximized windows were placed below the panel bar. When windows are maximized, the will occupy full screen below the panel bar.

Now new, non-maximized windows have their title bar placed below the panel. When maximized, they will again occupy the full screen below the panel.

I briefly looked through the git history, but no change looks related.

What component decides where windows are placed? I suppose this is xfwm4. Would the change for issue #517 affect window placement?

Olaf