The target audience for Xfce 4.16

Romain Bouvier skunnyk at alteroot.org
Fri Jan 8 11:48:06 CET 2021

I'm not even sure you can compile a full xfce 4.16+ on a system where only gcc4.9 is available ? (because you need a recent stack to have recent gtk3, recent glib etc). But maybe you can :)

I don't want to add a new macro which is deprecated, we already have tons of deprecated stuff to fix in our build system.

And about AC_PROG_CC_C99, an interesting discussion: http://gnu-autoconf.7623.n7.nabble.com/No-macro-for-C11-C18-td21264.html#a21283