Google Summer of Code

Yousuf Philips ypharis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:54:01 CET 2021

Hi Alex,

If we bundle up enough bugs/features into a proposal, that could work, or
we can propose something new that is needed that would take that amount of
time to complete by the student. I don't have any proposals as I'm still
new to the project and don't know the kinds of coding work that is needed,
but maybe a project to improve xfce for mobiles, or one to do the initial
work on a wayland port, or one to fully implement accessibility. Students
can come up with their own ideas, though it would likely be difficult as
they don't know the code, but ultimately the mentor(s) would have to
approve.

Here is the GSoC ideas page from LibreOffice.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas

Regards,
Yousuf