Xfce 4.18 dependencies versions

Cyrille Pontvieux cyrille at enialis.net
Sun Aug 1 14:06:51 CEST 2021

Hi Alistair,

If you want to contribute to Xfce-next even if your OS doesn't have the
required libs, you could compile required libraries in custom location,
it's not that hard, it just takes time.

If your contribution does not involve graphics or does not involve Xfce
components interactions, you could also use a docker environment.

I ever wonder if it's possible (meaning simple enough) to build against
flatpak libraries (because it's really easy to have a flatpak stack with
recent Glib & co libraries)

My 2¢.

Cyrille