unresponsive process window triggers too often

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:20:39 CEST 2020

Hi

On Wed, 27 May 2020 at 12:13, Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:

> Am Wed, 27 May 2020 12:03:45 +0200
> schrieb Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com>:
>
> > But if the client triggers the non-responsive dialog that's because it
> > claims to support _NET_WM_PING but does not reply to the _NET_WM_PING
> > message in timely manner, which would be a bug in the client.
>
> Thanks.
> What helloworld.exe does this properly, so I can compare it with claws?

Sorry I do not understand.

My educated guess is that Claws simply spawns a sub-process and blocks
waiting for the completion, and does not reply to the WM messages during
that time, leading to the "unresponsive client" dialog to trigger.

See
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html#idm45513934498688

Cheers
Olivier