unresponsive process window triggers too often

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Wed May 27 11:27:40 CEST 2020

Since this week I sometimes get that popup "Window XYZ is not responding, should it be terminated? <yes>/<no>" (or something like that).

I wonder if a change done in the the past two weeks from the XFCE git#master components can cause this?
So far I have never seen such popups, unless the offending process was really hanging.

One place where this happens is the passphrase window when sending a message with claws. If I type it correctly and wait long, nothing happens. But if I mistype the passphrase, another window appears to retype the passphrase. While typing the passphrase the "unresponding window" popup appears, but actually between the email message window and the passphrase window (not on the top over all windows). The only way around it is to cancel the passphrase and send the message again, which will ask again for the passphrase.

There is nothing relevant in claws.git#master since December 2019 AFAICS, I suspect the culprit is not necessary claws itself.

Any idea what component monitors processes alive state?

Olaf