Add package to Xfce

Thomas Castleman contact at draugeros.org
Thu May 21 21:34:46 CEST 2020

Hey everyone!

I have been working on a package that I am calling (for now)
xfce4-desktop-service.

The purpose of this package is to provide the D-Bus service Thunar
normally provides if Thunar is not present. Essentially, allowing users
to have whatever file manager they want, and have desktop icons. That
way, they don't need multiple file managers installed.

I am wanting to make this package part of the official Xfce project,
that way it will be easier to get it up-stream for others to use.

It is currently written in Python, and I am still working on getting a
couple small bugs out. But for the most part it is working correctly.

If I need to convert it to C to have it included in Xfce that's fine. If
i could have some help doing that, that would be fantastic as I'm a
little rusty on C/C++.

If it doesn't get pulled into Xfce, is it alright if I leave the package
name, or will I be required to change it?

Thanks!

--
---
*Thomas Castleman*