Seasons of Docs 2020

Yousuf Philips ypharis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:34:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

Totally agree there are people willing to contribute and believe there are
three ways we can help with this.

1. Get the word out - We have social media presence on twitter and we
aren't using it to inform potential documentation contributors to help with
it.
2. Lower barrier to entry - Expecting users to file a bug report to then
contribute to documentation isn't reasonable and not having a means to
register on the wiki to potentially become an editor is also not inviting.
If making it easy for people to contribute on a wiki isn't feasible without
oversight, then maybe we should move to github or gitlab where it would be
easy to approval push requests.
3. Outline areas of interest - We should identify and prioritize places in
the documentation that need work, which we can point contributors to for
them to work on

Regards,
Yousuf