PulseAudio Panel Plugin enhancement

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 16:31:41 CET 2020

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 at 03:07, Viktor Semykin <thesame.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
> xfce-pulseaudio-plugin has a cool feature of changing volume by scrolling over the plugin icon. Although it gets not so handy when there are more that one output devices plugged, it only changes volume of the "fallback" device which is quite unstable if devices are plugged in-out often.
> If I made a patch that provides an option to have one icon per device, would somebody from maintainers accept it?

As a user I think it is a good idea!

I would welcome improvements to this plugin though not sure what is
the best way to improve as I did not give it any thought. It does not
work reliably in my use case where I have an external usb soud card
and sometimes I pipe the sound through the audio on the main board,
sometimes through the audio card. I use PulseAudio volume control too
as the xfce plugin gets confused sometimes, but the PulseAudio control
gets confused too!