Xfce is almost perfect BUT.

André Miranda andre42m at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 23:37:07 CEST 2020

Hi,
Please use the mailing list.

Xfce is very unopinionated about how it should look, users are supposed to
configure it in the way it works better for them. We know that the default
experience is a bit "uninteresting" and still in 4.14 some improvements
were made, but in the end it's up to distributions to provide what's better
for their users or stick to the vanilla appearance.

The case of Cinnamon is different, it's a DE tailored for a distribution,
so instead of making customizations downstream (MInt) they have the option
to shape Cinnamon in whatever way they see fit.

Cheers,
Andre Miranda