xfce4-screensaver: Inhibitors not working / implementation incomplete ?

Michael Weiser michael at weiser.dinsnail.net
Thu Jan 9 01:58:48 CET 2020

Hi,

inhibiting the screensaver using e.g. xfce4-screensaver-command -i does
not work for me: The screensaver still activates after the timeout.
Additionally, it activates when removing the inhibitor by e.g. sending
SIGINT to the blocking xfce4-screensaver-command -i. Looking at the code
I can see no reference of the registered inhibitors anywhere. So I'm
wondering:

Is the implementations considered complete and working or is it simply
missing some part that still needs to be implemented?

If the former: How is it supposed to work?

>From what I gather, the inhibitor proxied over to logind will only
inhibit system suspend. Or should logind somehow interact with the
session to tell it to suspend the screensaver and that through
xfce4-session come full circle back to xfss?
--
Thanks,
Michael