The target audience for Xfce 4.16

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Mon Dec 21 03:58:32 CET 2020

On 2020-12-20 1:27 p.m., Olaf Hering wrote:
> Am Sun, 20 Dec 2020 20:55:44 +0100
> schrieb William Bonnet <wbonnet at theitmakers.com>:
>
>> I guess it depends how you define "anciant" or "odd".
>
> As I wrote, would they be able to cope with AC_PROG_CC_C99 for example?

Or put more specifically: can they have a C99 standard library - like
glibc since circa Y2K - installed on them?

If so, then it shouldn't matter as much about switching to C99 since
said platforms could still be targeted by a C99 compiler. It might be
more of a pain not being able to use the default compiler/stdlib of the
platform, but it wouldn't be a show stopper in regards to _running_
modern Xfce on old platforms.

Regards,
Matthew Brush