Preparations for 4.16pre1

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Sun Aug 2 23:17:34 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

I quickly wanted to point you to a page I prepared for the upcoming
4.16pre1 release that is scheduled for August.
https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.16/roadmap/4.16pre1

I have listed all core components (in the same order as on the roadmap
page) and added the versions to be included in pre1. There are still some
components where I'm unsure, because they haven't seen any releases or even
significant changes since 4.14 (e.g. tumbler and volman).
But also for other components a new(er) release may be warranted. Where I
presumed so or felt I knew so I already added the next patch version in the
table with a "TODO".

Please check for the components you maintain or contribute to if the
version chosen is appropriate or should be bumped!

I will of course revisit this page and also send out an official schedule
as soon as I feel we have things ready for pre1.

Cheers
Simon