4.14 Release Schedule

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Thu May 2 16:50:31 CEST 2019

Am Montag, den 29.04.2019, 23:59 +0200 schrieb Simon Steinbeiss:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I recently signed up as Release Manager for Xfce 4.14 and am happy to
> provide you with some concrete dates for the upcoming weeks and
> months,
> including the announcement of the final date for the 4.14 release.
>
> === General Notes ===
> First of all, we will stick to our official release mode (
> https://www.xfce.org/about/releasemodel) also for this release, which
> means
> we will tag each of the three (at least: two) pre-releases - in
> addition to
> the 4.13.x devel release tag - in all git repositories that are part
> of the
> core (example: xfce-4.14pre1). Hopefully this will make it clear
> which
> versions belong to a specific pre-release of 4.14 and will help with
> testing the platform as a whole.
> This information is especially important to packagers as we have
> skipped
> this step since Xfce 4.8.
>
> === The Schedule ===
> After some internal discussions we have come to the following
> schedule
> (more details here: https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap):
> 19th of May: 4.14-pre1
> 30th of June: 4.14-pre2
> 28th of July: 4.14-pre3 (optional; possibly also 4.14-final)
> 11th of August: 4.14-final
>
> === How can you help? ===
> If you're a developer it's quite clear: clear your schedule, commit
> yourself and your code! :)
> In all seriousness: almost anyone can help! We'll try to provide a
> Docker
> container of xfce-test (https://github.com/schuellerf/xfce-test) for
> each
> of the pre-releases which can help with testing (and reporting bugs),
> doing
> translations, screenshots, docs etc.
> Moral support (on IRC or one of the mailing lists) also counts! ;)
>
> Cheers
> Simon

Hi,

we (the people presenting Xfce, Geany and Midori at several German
Linux events) are currently planning our booth at this years FrOSCon (
https://www.froscon.de/). As the FrOSCon happens to be at August,
10th/11th we would love to have someone from the devs there celebrating
with us (if the schedule is hold) the release of 4.14.
Anyone interested?

BR
Silvio