Request to apply a patch (desktop file for wayland)

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Sun Jun 30 22:46:37 CEST 2019

Hi Gerd,

sorry I didn't find the time to reply earlier (although anyway, the dev
list or the bug tracker are the right place for this).
I'm a little puzzled, what would that help with? Can you then start an
XWayland session based on Xfce?

I have to admit I'm (blissfully?) ignorant of Wayland, but as far as I knew
pretty much none of our components were ready for plain Wayland. We still
rely heavily on X-based calls almost everywhere.

I won't merge this patch for 4.14pre2 which is due today but if it really
makes sense (for anyone else) there's still enough time to apply it before
4.14 final.

Cheers
Simon