Xfce 4.14 pre3 scheduled for 28th of July

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Tue Jul 16 01:17:56 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

I briefly wanted to inform you that the release team has decided to move
forward with the Xfce 4.14 pre3 release (
https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/xfce_4.14pre3), which is scheduled in a
little less than two weeks from now.
While pre3 was optional, we had already seen several core component
maintainers opt-in for another pre-release, making our decision an easy
one. Furthermore a little additional time to compile release notes and
screenshots for the tour cannot hurt.

We're still aiming for the Xfce 4.14 final release to take place in the
first half of August, so nothing has changed with respect to our release
roadmap (https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap).

If anyone from the community wants to support the final release by editing
release notes, compiling screenshots etc please get in touch! Most of the
people doing these things are also busy fixing bugs and releasing
components, so helping hands are more than welcome.

Cheers
Simon