goodies.xfce.org site migration and eventual decommission

Kevin Bowen kevin.bowen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 02:44:08 CET 2019

Hello everyone,

TL:DR - goodies.x.o plugin maintainers have patches ready to apply
needed updates to their apps. Please check bugzilla.x.o

----

I wanted to provide an update on the progress for this little project of
mine. Most of the goodies.x.o website work has been successfully completed.

  As of last night, all of the goodies.x.o pages for active
panel-plugins, thunar-plugins, and apps are now being redirected to
current documentation on docs.x.o. What this means is that when a user
clicks on the link in their xfce component, regardless of version, they
will be sent to a docs.x.o help page.

The rest of the site has been set to read-only. Aside from some
remaining cleanup, no more changes will be made to the site.

31 patches and bugzilla tickets have been created to update any code
that references goodies.xfce.org to point to docs.xfce.org. As of today,
four patches have been merged into their respective repos.

So, if you are a maintainer of one of these components, please check
this patches and update your code trees. Please see the list of
patches/bug #s here:
https://wiki.xfce.org/projects/goodies-decomm/start#patches_bug_ids

I'd appreciate your assistance in getting your code updated.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.

Kevin

P.S. For any of you who may be feeling nostalgic for the good ol' days
of goodies, here is an archive page of an early versions of the news on
goodies.xfce.org from ~13 years ago:
https://web.archive.org/web/20061011053437/http://goodies.xfce.org/news