Panel plugin development

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Wed Apr 3 01:48:37 CEST 2019

On 2019-04-02 1:48 p.m., Alexis BRENON @Xfce wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on the xkb-keyboard panel plugin
> (https://github.com/AlexisBRENON/xfce4-xkb-plugin/tree/variant) and
> use some `DBG(...)` call to debug my code. However, some do not appear
> in the panel output.
>
> In my case, the calls in the xkb-plugin.c file (around lines 644 to
> 650, https://github.com/AlexisBRENON/xfce4-xkb-plugin/blob/5951e1e6ea376bbb1516d17e267a47fb06b05504/panel-plugin/xkb-plugin.c#L644)
> print the right text in the panel output.
> However, the calls inside the function `xkb_keyboard_get_pixbuf`
> (called line 645) are never displayed
> (https://github.com/AlexisBRENON/xfce4-xkb-plugin/blob/variant/panel-plugin/xkb-keyboard.c#L853).
>
> Do you know why all my debug messages are not printed? Is there a way
> to connect to the gdb instances if I run the xfce panel with the gdb
> debug mode (to make sure that the function is actually called)?
>
> Thanks for your help. So hurry to share my contribution to the community.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with that (terribly named) macro, but it sounds as if
perhaps it's not being defined in some of your translation units. The
compiler warnings should hint at what's going on if you've got them
enabled (ex. -Wall -Wextra).

That said, it sounds like it is perhaps this:
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?pid=30829#p30829

Regards,
Matthew Brush