lightdash (xfce4-appfinder): bookmarks sidebar

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Wed May 30 20:28:19 CEST 2018

I am writing a dashboard program based on xfce4-appfinder. I am attempting to display the bookmarks as a sidebar with launcher buttons. I have also slightly altered the code so that bookmarks are stored chronologically rather than alphabetically. The launcher buttons should be created at program startup. However, I cannot get the ModelItem's data at program startup.

At first I tried to iterate over the model items in xfce_appfinder_model_bookmarks_collect(), but this doesn't work because model->items is null at this point.

I have also tried putting my code in xfce_appfinder_model_menu_changed_idle() and xfce_appfinder_model_collect_thread(), but it either does nothing or duplicates all of the menu items.

Here is some of my code:
https://github.com/adlocode/xfce4-lightdash-plugin/blob/bookmarks-order/src/appfinder-model.c#L1272

https://github.com/adlocode/xfce4-lightdash-plugin/blob/bookmarks-order/src/appfinder-model.c#L1802

https://github.com/adlocode/xfce4-lightdash-plugin/blob/bookmarks-order/src/appfinder-model.c#L2601