xfce 4.13 - stability and downstream packaging

Mukundan Ragavan nonamedotc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 01:04:40 CEST 2018

I am one of the packagers maintaining a few Xfce components for Fedora.
I recently proposed [1] updating our (Fedora) packages to 4.13.x
versions in what is now rawhide and will become Fedora 29 in the near
future [2]. I would like to check with upstream developers (hey guys!)
before I start moving to devel versions and hence this email.

The benefit I see in moving is the all GTK-3 environment. The
trepidation is regarding ABI/API stability/instability. Although 4.13.x
has been mostly stable in my experience, is moving to the devel 4.13.x
versions in what will be a stable Fedora release in ~6 months a bad
idea? Please advise.

Thanks,
Mukundan (nonamedotc).

[1]