Column and Row Spacing in Thunar - copy

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Wed Jul 11 20:45:55 CEST 2018

Hi,

I dont have a fix for you, however maybe I can lead you on the right track:

If you press CTRL+Shift+D while thunar is focused, the GtKInspector
should open, if it is installed on your system.

There you can select the ThunarIconView and its sub-widget ExoIconView.

ExoIconView has the properties "row-spacing" and  "column-spacing" ..
you can modify their value directly in the  GtKInspector.

Theoretically it should be possible to provide some peace of CSS within
the GtKInspector in order to set them ... but I am not very skilled at
CSS and failed at that part so far.

Maybe you have more luck than me (or maybe somebody with CSS skills
could take a quick look )

Cheers,
Alexander Schwinn

P.S: Regarding the formatting: Here the official gtk3 CSS howto:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/chap-css-overview.html