Infrastructure Upgrades/Changes: Git(ea)

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Mon Oct 9 11:42:24 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-09 02:01 AM, Isabell Liefer wrote:
> Hi! I would like to suggest to move to a selfhosted GitLab instance and to also mirror the repo on GitHub for a wider audience. What that be convenient for you both?

There appears to already be a Github mirror, but it sort of misses the
mark if it's not used as the development platform.

To restate it again, I'd be very happy with a new self-hosted
Gitlab/Gitea/whatever, I'm just playing devil's advocate because I think
Github makes a lot of sense for a project like Xfce, except for ethical
(or whatever you call it) reasons. In terms of improving visibility,
ease of administration, and making it easier for (new) people to
contribute, Github (currently) wins hands-down, IMO.

Regards,
Matthew Brush