Bugzilla product categories

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Sat May 20 15:22:03 CEST 2017

Hello,

as a part of the Bugzilla improvements I'm planning and preparing, I've
slightly updated the "Browse" page [1] (you need to be using the "Xfce"
theme in order to see the updates).

The appearance has been updated slightly (but it still WIP), but more
importantly, the page now has some links to anchors to help getting to
the desired product category.

The main reason why I'm mailing the list is to ask whether people feel
strongly about sorting the categories in a non-alphabetical way (note
that this will likely affect all places where categories are listed, not
only this page – and not only this theme). And in turn the reason I'm
asking this is because multiple people have commented the core
components should be higher up in the page.

So if there are no strong objections against the reordering, what would
be a good order?
   - Xfce, WWW, Apps, Panel Plugins, Thunar Plugins, Bindings, Archive?
   - Something else, propose in this thread?

At the same time, would anybody mind if we changed the name of the
"Xfce" category to "Xfce Core" or even "Core"?

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] https://bugzilla.xfce.org/describecomponents.cgi

--