Making xfce4-panel plugins in Python?

Roman Collins rcollins at marlboro.edu
Wed Mar 22 06:09:16 CET 2017

Hey all,

I'm working on a plugin that is supposed to be like xfce4-i3-workspaces
plugin only written in Python3, because that plugin doesn't support
transparency, theming from the config, and background color. I also don't
know C yet. Only I'm having trouble finding a library to write the plugin
portion of my program in.

https://github.com/denesb/xfce4-i3-workspaces-plugin

There's this mirror here of xfce4-rss-plugin written in Python2, so it
seems like it can be done. None of the libraries for that are found in
either python-pip or pacman on Arch though. Furthermore something called
"pyxfce" seems to have a page that's gone.

https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfce4-rss-plugin
https://github.com/cr33dog/pyxfce

Is there no Python3 library that can interface with xfce4?

Thanks,
Roman
<http://romanscollins.net>