ANNOUNCE: xfce4-screenshooter 1.9.0 released

Ali Abdallah aliovx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 21:10:21 CEST 2017

First congrats for the good work.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:08:29AM -0300, André Miranda wrote:
> Yes, there's not much I can do since it's a gtk3 component and exo-1 is
> gtk2 only. Note that screenshooter is not only a panel plugin, but an
> application by itself.

If you depend on a development version of any library, then you
shouldn't in principle call your release a stable one.

> Whiskermenu is also using exo-2 since 2.0.0 and exo-2 is already shipped by
> Ubuntu (17.04) and Arch.
Great, but again, or exo-2 has to be flagged as "stable", or yet it has
to receive more tests. If Whiskermenu flags its exo-2 based releases as
stable and exo-2 itself is no considered as such, then there is
something wrong with Whiskermenu itself...

Distros are free to ship whatever softwares/libraries versions they want,
that are considered by their own developers to be "development releases".

> Cheers,
> Andre Miranda

Cheers,
Ali