Missuse of a hardcoded icon on xfce exo

Pablo Roberto Lezaeta Reyes prflr88 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 06:05:44 CEST 2017

I noticed that commit 511808ff2586bd196600c [0]
 in exo introduce a change that is even though they're now using a
freedesktop standard icon they're using it in *entirely the wrong context*
which will play havoc with any icon theme in existance.

Emblem icons are for *tags and properties of files*, that are displayed in
the file manager. This context contains emblems for such things as “
read-only” or “photos” [1].

[0]
https://git.xfce.org/xfce/exo/commit/?id=29474fe37267266e785511808ff2586bd196600c
[1]
https://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html

Since is a developer release, should I notify them as a bug or this is
enough?

*Pablo Lezaeta*