xfconf VS libxfce4util Resource Config Files for configuration

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:34:24 CEST 2016

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 8:53 PM, Steve Dodier-Lazaro <sidnioulz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Woops, missing the first part of the novel I just wrote. This reads *before*
> the previous email :D

<snip> TL;DR (almost) You have many points/arguments, but think of how
much code could have been written/ported in the time it took you to
write all this :)

> WHICH BRINGS ME TO THIS DESPERATE CRY: CAN WE PLEASE BURN XFCERC TO THE
> GROUND AND
> USE GKEYFILE LIKE RESPONSIBLE SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS!? Thanks *insert your
> favourite
> emojis here for added dramatic effect*

Sure. All panel plugins use XfceRc. Who's gonna provide a common
migration path/code from XfceRc to GKeyFile ?
You surely don't want all your users to suddenly lose their panel
plugin settings.....

Landry