xfconf VS libxfce4util Resource Config Files for configuration

Andrzej ndrw.xf at kurumi.co.uk
Wed May 4 23:38:06 CEST 2016

On 02/05/16 18:40, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

 > 3) The ability to write external scripts to update all kinds of
 >     desktop/app settings at runtime and have them applied in the affected
 >     processes with little extra work.

While we are at it, there is one thing that annoys me every time I try
to modify panel plugin options via scripts/xfconf-query -- plugin naming
of in the xfce4-panel section. Nothing to do with xfconf as such, just
the way it is used by the panel.

Currently the hierarchy looks like:
/plugins/plugin-1
/plugins/plugin-2

I would much more prefer a hierarchy like:
/plugins/panel-0/whiskermenu-1
/plugins/panel-0/separator-1
/plugins/panel-0/launcher-1
/plugins/panel-0/launcher-2