Porting a GNOME extension to Xfce

André Miranda andreldm1989 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 00:52:38 CET 2016

The official documentation is at
https://wiki.xfce.org/dev/howto/panel_plugins but it's somewhat
outdated. For examples, you can take a look at the default plugins here:
http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-panel/tree/plugins

Bear in mind that currently the project is moving from gtk2 to gtk3 and
xfce4-panel >=4.11 supports both versions. However if you need to
support Xfce 4.10, then a gtk2-based plugin is a must. But remember that
eventually gtk2 plugins might be deprecated and eventually the support
should be dropped, but I don't guess this happening anytime soon.

Cheers,
André Miranda