Skip tasklist/pager window loses focus

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Mon Feb 15 20:55:07 CET 2016

Hi adlo,

yes, xfdashboard "hides" itself from the pager and tasklist. It also
sets itself above all windows and pins the window to all workspaces.
See http://git.xfce.org/apps/xfdashboard/tree/xfdashboard/window-tracke
r-window.c#n780

As you can also see it connects to the signals "active-window-changed"
to reselect xfdashboard as active window when it is not the active one
anymore, e.g. that happens when the user switches to another window
with ALT+Tab etc. or if the active workspace changes. In the latter one
you don't need to move your application to the new active workspace
when you "pin" your window. See also http://git.xfce.org/apps/xfdashboa
rd/tree/xfdashboard/window-tracker-window.c#n263

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Stephan