Calculate optimum number of columns for table

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Mon Sep 7 19:42:51 CEST 2015

Hi adlo,

I have this problem either in xfdashboard. I learned that this is a
"packing problem", sometimes also called "bin packing problem" or "box
packing problem".

I haven't implemented any of these algorithm yet, so I cannot say if it
really helps and how hard it is to implement. But I think you could
start your search there.

Regards,
Stephan