libxfce4ui user repo for gtk3

flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de
Fri Oct 30 09:30:03 CET 2015

I think libxfce4ui (end exo and all the others) should be Gtk3-only in the next release. Otherwise maintaining the code with all the #ifdef's is a pain in the a..
libxfce4ui 4.12 will still exist. Everybody who uses goodies or plugins that require the old versions can wait on 4.12 until those are ported, too. Don't forget: 4.14 won't add new features. So upgrading to 4.14 has only little advantages. Should there be any bugfixes I would say it is easier to backport them than to maintain a Gtk2+3 code base. And last but not least: The amount of goodies and plugins is not extremly big. Definitly a fait amount of work but doable. I already took a few looks into the goodies, mostly the ports are straightforward, but it can't be done until the libraries are ported, too.