Xfce4-notifyd ported to gdbus and gtk3

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Wed Oct 28 13:46:50 CET 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:33 PM <flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:

> Enabling the compositor solves all the issues. Thanks for the hint.
> But: The Gtk2 version at least has not the issue with the black corners,
> independet of the compositor. (And with Gtk2 the default theme is more
> white, while with Gtk3 the default theme is more grey - is this intended?)

As I said, the Gtk2 version used the XShape extension to cut away the
corners and make them rounded even without a compositor enabled. I haven't
looked at whether the Gtk3 version does that too, but from your report it
seems not to be the case.

> What issues do you have with lags? I encounter some when I click 'Preview'
> at a very high frequency, but apart from that it runs fine.

I get those lags when pushing media buttons (volume) or brightness.

Cheers
 - S