xfce4-power-manager 1.5, icon theme issue

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Tue May 26 15:21:04 CEST 2015

On Tue, 26 May 2015 13:05:38 +0200
Andrea <andrea.deangelis93 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm testing xfce4-power-manager 1.5 on archlinux, but i've a problem
> with icon theme.
> i'm using numix circle icon theme, but xfce4-power-manager 1.5 not use
> this theme, but use gnome default theme.
>
> i've tried with other icons theme and the only theme that works with
> this new version of xpm, are gnome, high contrast and elementary xfce.
> is a problem of xpm or a problem of icon pack? if is a problem of icon
> pack, how can i solve it?? how is the correct name for icon of xpm?
>
> thanks

Hey,

please don't reply to digests but to single messages, otherwise it gets hard to read.

As to your question: xfce4-power-manager now follows the UPower icon standard, which is the same thing that gnome-power-manager is using, as far as I know. I'm not sure whether Numix Circle supports that, so it's possible that it doesn't. You can try to create the symlinks for the icons needed in Numix Circle for yourself but you could also submit a patch upstream to icon themes.

So for the panel plugin the battery-icons that end with -symbolic here are what you are looking for:
http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-power-manager/tree/data/icons/scalable

Cheers
Simon