Clock and Datetime plugin merge

André Miranda andreldm1989 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 13:08:59 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 5:11 AM, Steve Dodier-Lazaro <sidnioulz at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wrt. colour, I would still find it more logical that people modify their
> theme file (and maybe we can provide a UI to help towards that end later),
> because that gives a central, unique place to change / reset themes.
> Cluttering options across each component can make it kind of annoying to
> e.g. change a font system-wide.

 A UI for tweaking is theme is IMHO clutter. Whoever bothers to do so would
propably prefer hacking the theme files and with gtk3 by using css this can
be much easier. Also to maintain such tool would be laborious.

In any case, you should add a "Use system default" for any colour/font/size
> option and enable that by default to avoid any setup cost for new users :-)

I think that's not necessary any intervention, because clock already
provides the default colour/font/size but can be customized using Pango
Markup, or if you prefer, you can still hack the theme files.