Linking against Gtk3 version of libxfce4ui

Matthew Brush mbrush at codebrainz.ca
Fri Jun 26 03:36:12 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-25 09:07 AM, flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> I'm working on porting xfce4-notifyd at the moment but I just can't test
> it. It always links against libxfce4ui-1, which is the Gtk2 version on
> my system, where libxfce4ui-2 is the Gtk3 version.
> I changed the configure script to include
> XDT_CHECK_PACKAGE([LIBXFCE4UI], [libxfce4ui-2], [4.12.0]), but this has
> no effect.
> No other gtk-depending lib is linked, I checked with ldd. The problem
> lays with libxfce4ui.
> Any hints?

Did you change this line:

http://git.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-notifyd/tree/configure.ac.in#n65

to `libxfce4ui-2`, and this line:

http://git.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-notifyd/tree/configure.ac.in#n67

to `gtk+-2.0` and change the 3rd argument to the GTK+ 3 version? If you
weren't aware, you can't link gtk2 and gtk3 libraries into same process.

Also, just to be sure, you need to re-run autoreconf or autogen.sh or
whatever, after messing with the `configure.ac[.in]` files.

Without seeing the changed code, that's all I can suggest.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush