xfce4-mixer: question about version numbering

flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Jun 22 13:32:18 CEST 2015

To be correct: The reason xfce4-mixer is no longer under active
development is that a port to the new gstreamer1.0 API is not possible
since important mixer features were removed (not deprecated).
Although the uneven numbers indicate development versions, Xfce 4.11 can
be considered stable because of the long time it took to finish 4.12.
Some distributions added 4.11 to their stable repos (like Ubuntu). So no
point worrying.
xfce4-mixer 4.11 works well with the 4.12 release. At this point there
is no reason for switching to pavucontrol apart from personal preference.

Regards