[xfce4-power-manager] Locking on sleep breaks laptop lid actions

Rob McCathie rob at manjaro.org
Sat Jun 6 18:58:29 CEST 2015

On 07/06/15 01:57, Rob McCathie wrote:
> Hi Xfce-dev list,
>
> Currently for me on my Netbook, running Manjaro, enabling the "Lock
> screen when system is going for sleep" option (in the Security tab of
> Power Manager's settings) breaks the PM's ability to manage what
> happens when the laptop lid is closed.
>
> I've narrowed this down to the "Lock screen when system is going for
> sleep" option enabling the following xfconf setting:
> xfce4-power-manager/logind-handle-lid-switch
>
> If i disable this setting myself manually (but leaving the other
> changes the lock at sleep option modifies) everything works as expected.
>
> Do you need this option to be enabling that xfconf setting? If so, i
> suppose we'll have to patch xfce4-power-manager for Manjaro...

Just had a look at the code and realised it's only when the laptop lid
close action (in the General tab) has *either* on-battery or plugged-in
action set to Suspend that the logind handling gets enabled.

I've just done some more testing and HandleLidSwitch= setting in
/etc/systemd/logind.conf doesn't seem to be having effect for me, but
everything else does... maybe this is specific to my hardware... strange
though that the power manager handles my lid switch fine... i guess
xfpm>systemd? :D
Nonetheless, what is the reason for handing off to logind anyways?

--
Regards,

Rob McCathie
Manjaro Team