Why design matters

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidnioulz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 15:09:34 CEST 2015

Hi Patrik,

I'm a bit too busy to go point by point through your email, but I urge you
(and anyone else serious about making design contributions to Xfce) to read
this: http://www.markboulton.co.uk/journal/visual-design-is-not-a-thing

Remember, design is a family of evidence-based processes. We currently have
data sitting that needs to be analysed in order to redesign interactions
around session saving and resuming, and I don't have the time to get
started on that. Anyone is free to help, so long as they understand the
basics of quantitative analysis and grounded theory.

Cheers,

On 25 July 2015 at 13:32, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> Le 25/07/2015 12:48, Patrik Bubák a écrit :
> > Now I'm not going to give you charts, but it's a fact that visually Xfce
> > is one of the least popular desktops, although I am aware it was created
> > for speed and functionality.
>
> I don't know where you get that information.
>
> My company installs Xfce-based desktops for schools, town halls, SMB's,
> public libraries. Nobody complained about it being ugly.
>
> http://www.microlinux.fr/mled.php
>
> Xfce is perfect as it is.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki Kovacs
>
> --
> Microlinux - Solutions informatiques durables
> 7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
> Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr
> Mail : info at microlinux.fr
> Tél. : 04 66 63 10 32