Gtk theme engine

Peter de Ridder peter at xfce.org
Wed Feb 11 21:20:23 CET 2015

Hi all,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 8:04 PM, Peter de Ridder <peter at xfce.org> wrote:

> What should we do with the Gtk3 part of the engine?
> Engine code:
> 1) Drop it completely
> 2) Fix the code to work with the latest versions
> 3) Reduce the code to only the checkboxes. (The rest can probably be
> themed directly)
> Themes:
> a) Drop them
> b) Leave them as is, and accept patches to get them fixed
> c) Fix the assumed to be used ones (Dusk, Xfce 4.x series)

The decision has been made to go for 1 and a. As there is also decided not
to ship a default gtk3 theme.
The gtk-xfce-engine git repository has a new master branch called
master-gtk2. This is a branch from 2.9.0 with all the gtk2 changes from
master merge into this.
gtk-xfce-engine 2.9.1 has been released with these changes. And this can be
considered the release candidate for xfce 4.12.

Regards,
Peter