Bug fixing and patch merging (was Re: Xfce 4.12 Release date)

André Miranda andreldm1989 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 18:55:57 CET 2015

On 08/02/2015 10:34, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
> +1. There are 300+ patches for open bug reports in the bugtracker:
> http://goo.gl/sLW8UA
>
> Many of the patches have never been reviewed or responded to.. it is
> obviously discouraging for potential contributors who take the time to
> create and submit a patch but never get any response.
>
> There are also a lot of bugs that get reported but sit in NEW state,
> many show no sign of ever being reviewed: http://goo.gl/OOwdQ3
>
> Could the bug report/patch review handling be improved? Would gerrit
> or some other patch handling tool help?

I guess it would be a nice moment to put a bounty on those bugs that are
vital to solve but are nasty and/or time consuming.
Some sites and blogs out there are talking about Xfce 4.12, so it's a
great opportunity to attract new collaborators by making the Xfce's
bountysource page more visible. Maybe a note on Xfce main site should
suffice for now.