Xfce 4.12 Release date

Simon Steinbeiß simon at xfce.org
Tue Feb 3 15:52:46 CET 2015

Dear maintainers of core-components,

we're writing to you proposing a concrete release date for 4.12 about a
month from now, the weekend of February 28 and March 1. As we have
discussed the status and progress of core components with many of you
individually, we feel confident that the state of Xfce is good enough
to polish some final edges and push more translations until then.

We're suggesting this specific date partly for pragmatic reasons (as
both of us have time that weekend to support the release process) and
to have a goal in the not-to-far-away future so that we can focus on
getting things done.
There already is a list of critical bugs and bugs with patches that we
used in the past months to get a lot fixed, yet naturally there is
always more to be done. So this email is also to be understood as a
call for help and support by anyone having the ability to contribute to
Xfce! https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.12/roadmap/critical-bugs

There are also some open questions regarding our artwork, mostly the
4.12 default Gtk+ theme, which Simon will address in a separate thread.

If you have serious concerns about doing a release of your component/s
in a months time, please don't hesitate to speak up.
Also, it would be good to know who can/will be around on the proposed
date so we can see who handles the release of their component
themselves and who wants us to handle the release. Help is very much
appreciated/needed though, e.g. with preparing the release notes.

Looking forward on making a common final effort for 4.12 with you,
Landry and Simon