New to Community

Florian Weigelt flo.xfce at gmx-topmail.de
Fri Aug 28 08:20:36 CEST 2015

Hi Keyur,
One possible point to start is bugzilla.xfce.org. Just take one and work on a fix.
The other point would be to take a look at http://wiki.xfce.org/#for_developers. Currently the port to Gtk3 is in progress. Depending on your skill level it might be better to start with a goodie rather than with a core component, since these are usually smaller and easier to port.
Please take a look at the mailing list which components are already worked on. I know of Thunar, exo, xfce4-appfinder and xfce4-notifyd. These have separate repositories and the commits are NOT in git.xfce.org.
A good start would also be to take a look at already existing source code to get accustomed to Xfce's coding styles and conventions.
Last but not least: Don't be discouraged if your patches are not reviewed or applied. Every patch is welcomed but it can take a while until a core developer finds the time to look at it.
Regards
Flo