xfce Package Manager

Tim Tassonis timtas at cubic.ch
Fri Oct 17 23:02:01 CEST 2014

Hi everybody

I'm currently writing a package manager (like rpm or deb) and would also
like to have a GUI for it. As I'm not the most proficient gui
programmer, I wanted to ask if somebody has already started something
like this, so I could adapt it to my needs, or knows of an existing one
where I could "get some ideas" from (e.g rip out the actual package
managing library calls and replace them with mine)?

The requirements would be:

- GTK2/3, no Gnome stuff
- C Application no python interpreter stuff

The GUI would really not have to do any lowlevel stuff, this is all
written in a library, but display contents, list packages and start
actions (install/remove) and display the progress in a terminal window.

Kind regards
Tim